National Highways Authority of India - NHAI
- About NHAI bonds
- Why should you choose the NHAI while applied in 54EC bonds
- Features of NHAI Infrastructure corporation bond
About NHAI bonds
The National Highway Authority of India was established through an act of parliament. NHAI looks after the projects of national highway development along with the other projects. NHAI aims to deliver all the contract awards and procurements through the process of transparency.
NHAI's vision is to meet the country’s need for National highways provision and maintenance according to global standards. Also, it aims to meet the user’s expectations in a cost-efficient manner within the standard policy framework set by the Indian government.
Why should you choose the NHAI while applied in 54EC bonds
National Highway Authority of India’s (NHAI) mission is to develop, maintain and manage all the national highways powered by the Government of India. To manage them, NHAI ensures the collection of fees (tolls) from the national highways. This further helps them to control and regulate the running of vehicles on highway roads.
- National highway authority bond has the AAA- highest credit rating which means to invest in NHAI bonds online is safe, secure, and less risk.
- No TDS deduction from the interest on the NHAI bonds for the residents of India.
- TDS deduction is applicable for the NRI investors according to the DTAA form.
- National highways authority of India bond comes with the lock-in period of 5 years.
- NHAI bonds interest rate is 5%. Hence it is secure to invest in NHAI tax-free bonds.
Features of NHAI Infrastructure corporation bond
Things to remember while investing in NHAI infrastructure bonds:
- Interest is paid annually on the 1st of April and final interest is paid when the bond attains maturity.
- Minimum investment in NHAI bonds is ₹10,000/- i.e. one bond and the maximum is ₹50, 00,000/- i.e. 500 bonds.
How to subscribe to the NHAI bonds?
To apply for an NHAI 54EC bonds, you will have to
- Download the NHAI application form
- Fill the application with the required details
- Draw a cheque or demand draft in the name of- “National Highway Authority of India” and crossed “Account payee only”
- Courier the form to us at below address along with copy of your PAN card, Aadhar Card, Cancelled Cheque
Mutual Funds Department
Asit C. Mehta Investment Interrmediates Ltd.
Nucleus House, Saki Vihar Road, Andheri (E), 400072