National Pension System
NPS- An investment to secure your retirement life.
National Pension System- commonly known as NPS is the flexible retirement savings account. It was launched by the Government of India and is regulated by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).
KFIN Technologies Private LimitedNPS Online Registration
By clicking on this URL, you will be exiting Investmentz website and entering the website of “KFIN Technology Private Limited”. This link is provided only for the convenience of the customers and Asit C. Mehta investment intermediates Ltd. shall not be liable for any disputes with respect to the said services provided by “KFIN Technology Private Limited” to the customer. Participation by customers for the registration of the National Pension System (NPS) is purely voluntary. Thank you for visiting www.investmentz.com.
Protean eGov Technologies Ltd. (Formerly NSDL e-Govermence infrastructure Limited)NPS Online Registration
By clicking on URL, you will be exiting Investmentz bank website and entering the website of “Protean eGov technologies Ltd (Formerly NSDL e-Governance infrastructure limited)”. This link is provided only for the convenience of the customers and Asit C. Mehta investment Intermediates Ltd. shall not be liable for any disputes with respect to the said services provided by “Protean eGov Technologies Ltd (Formerly NSDL e-Governance infrastructure Limited)” to customer. Participation by customers for registration of National Pension System (NPS) is purely voluntary. Thank you for visiting www.investmentz.com.
There Are Two Tiers to Open an NPS Account
NPS Tier I account
This account is designed with the goal of retirement. Partial withdrawal is allowed after the 3 years of opening NPS account. Tier-I is the best tax saving account for the investors.
Anyone who is declared Indian citizen and is or above 18 years of age can open NPS account and start investing in retirement system with the minimum amount of ₹500. Maximum age to open the NPS Tier-I account is 60 years.
NPS Tier II account
Tier-II NPS account is the complete package to enjoy the investment benefits- apart from tax-saving and lock-in period feature like NPS Tier-I account.
Anyone who is an Indian citizen and already are Tier-I NPS account holder can open NPS Tier-II account by investing minimum ₹1000. You can withdraw the invested amount unlimited times from the account. The returns gained on the withdrawal will be added to the income tax for the year based on the tax slab rates.
For further assistance to open NPS account online or for NPS online contribution you can call us on 022-2858 3355/7039002080 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pension Fund Managers for National Pension System
1. Aditya Birla Sun Life Pension Management Limited.
2. HDFC Pension Management Company Limited.
3. UTI Retirement Solutions Limited.
4. SBI Pension Funds Private Limited.
5. ICICI Prudential Pension Funds Management Company Limited.
6. Reliance Pension Fund.
7. Kotak Mahindra Pension Fund Limited.
8. LIC Pension Fund.
It is important to note that SBI Pension fund, UTI retirement solutions limited and LIC pension fund manage the pension contributions of the public sector employees under NPS.
NPS Tax Benefits:
NPS account holders are at the advantage to tax benefit up to Rs. 1.50 Lac under section 80 CCD(1) and enjoys additional tax exemption up to Rs 50,000 under section 80CCD(1B).
1. Tax benefit for Individual NPS subscriber- An individual who is an NPS subscriber can avail the tax benefit u/s 80CCD (1).up to Rs. 1.50 Lakh.
2. Tax benefit for the NPS subscriber u/s 80CCD (1B) - For the NPS Tier I subscriber, an additional deduction of Rs. 50,000 is available for the investment u/s 80CCD (1B). This investment facility is available over the deduction amount of Rs. 1.5Lac u/s 80C of Income-tax Act, 1961.
3. Tax benefit for the corporate sector- NPS offers a tax benefit for the corporate and corporate individual as well who has subscribed to the scheme:
- Corporate individual/ subscriber: Further tax benefit is offered to the corporate subscriber subject to Income-tax Act u/s 80CCD (2). In the corporate, an employer can contribute up to 10% of the employee’s salary (basic + DA) i.e. from the taxable amount without any limit.
- Corporate: Employer can contribute to the NPS up to 10% of salary-Basic + DA as a business expense from the profit & loss account.
Additional NPS Tax benefits available except u/s 80CCD
NPS allows you as a subscriber to enjoy additional tax benefits apart from u/s 80CCD:
1. Tax benefit on partial withdrawal: NPS Tier-I account allows you to make the partial withdrawal i.e. 25% from own contribution with zero percent levied tax on it.
2. Tax benefit on Annuity purchase: Whatever amount is invested in the annuity purchase, it is free from tax. Though the received income in the subsequent years will be subjected to income tax.
3. Tax benefit on lump sum withdrawal: Once the subscriber attains 60years of age, up to 40% amount withdrawn in a lump sum is free from tax.
Features & Benefits of NPS
1. Returns :A part of the national pension scheme is invested into equities (irrespective of the assured returns). Although compared to the traditional tax saving scheme such as PPF; NPS offers higher returns.
2. Risk Analysis & Assessment: At present, the cap range for NPS is 75% to 50% on the equity aspect. For the government employees, the equity capsize is 50%. Between the prescribed cap ranges, the equity portion will get reduced by 2.5% each year starting from the year the investor/ subscriber turns 50 years of age. For the 60 years and above, the fixed equity capsize is 50%. Thus the risk-return analysis here is in the interest of the investors, ensuring the invested money is safe from the volatility in the equity market.
3. Change in scheme/ Fund Manager: In case you see a drop in the NPS performance, you can anytime change the fund manager or the pension scheme.
4. Voluntary service for the Indian Citizens: During a financial year you can contribute any time and also you enjoy the privilege to change the amount saved each year.
TIP: The NPS earning prospective is higher than other fixed-income schemes.
Investmentz.com advice on NPS Investment
It is advisable to make SIP in this instrument. The SIP will help you to regulate the investments in equities, providing the compounding advantages and also calculating the average of the investment value. The eligible age to start NPS is 18-60 years with a minimum investment of ₹500.