- Invitee to 5th IOSCO Technical Committee Conference 2009, Basel, Switzerland.
- 2008 – Member of the Committee on Review of Eligibility (CORE) norms of SEBI.
- 2007 – Member of Derivative Committee of SEBI.
- March 2007-Member of Securities and Investment Institute (SII) Regional committee in India.
- 2006 – Member Core Committee of Federation of Commodity Exchanges of India
- 18th August, 2005: Public Nominee on the Board of Director of The Bombay Commodity Exchange Ltd.
- Member Code of Ethics Committee of SEBI
- During the year 2004: Member Of Code of Ethics Committee of the Stock Exchange Mumbai
- During the year 2001: First Woman President of The Stock Exchange Mumbai
- During the year 2005: Member of MAPIN Committee of SEBI
- During the year 2001 to 2006: Director on Board of Bank Of India (BOI) Share Holding Limited the Clearing Corporation of Stock Exchange Mumbai
- During the year 2002: Member Investor Education Committee of SEBI
- During the year 1997 to 2001: Since Founder Director of Central Depository Services of India- a depository set up by several nationalized banks and the Stock Exchange Mumbai
- During the year 2000-2001: Founder Executive Committee Member of South Asian Federation of Exchanges (SAFE), a federation of Stock Exchanges in SAARC region
- Core team member to implement huge Technology projects such as computerization of BSE trading system (BOLT), Settlement systems and Bad delivery resolution cell, Networking system through VSATS, MTNL Lease lines and Ethernet backbone. Computerization of BOI Clearing House operations. Business specs for Depository and Derivatives Trading
- During the year 2004-2006 Co-Chairperson of Indian Merchants Chamber Ladies Wing Committee on Finance and Banking.
- 30th May, 2008 – Public nominee on the Board of Director of Cotton Association of India
Advisory Council Member in following colleges:
- January, 2005 : Government Law College – Securities Law Course
- 2005 : NM Institute of Management Studies – Entrepreneur Course
- March, 2005: Institute of Technology and Management (ITM), Kharghar – Advisory Council Member
- 2004: Institute of Company Secretaries – Syllabus Committee for capital market course
- 2005: St. Francis Institute of Management & Research – Advisory Council
- Since 1st January 1998 – Managing Director Asit C Mehta Investment Interrmediates Ltd (ACMIIL)
- ACMIIL is first to achieve the ISO quality certification for business processes from SGS. The company has a pan India presence with the largest private VSAT network in the broking industry. The company is servicing over 1,00,000 direct customers on this network. The company prides in holding a large number of training programmes throughout the country by use of DW Technology. These programmes are interactive in nature and about 25000 investors attend the same simultaneously. The company has entered into a strategic tie-up with Bank of India to provide a seamless trading platform to bank depositors for trading in stocks.
- Since 23rd May, 1991 – Director Asit C Mehta Commodity Services Pvt Ltd.
- Since 25th March, 1991 – Director of Asit C. Mehta Financial Services Ltd.
- Since 8th April, 1998 – Director Asit C Mehta Forex Pvt Ltd.
- Since 28th December, 2005 – Director of Asit C Mehta Comdex Services, DMCC
Index Future: Sebi extends market trading hours
Physical settlement not enough to reduce volatility: IGIDR
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) announced that stock exchanges could now provide cash and physical settlement of stock options. ^M ^M As per the norms, stock exchanges can provide physical settlement for Future and Options (F&O).
Investor's memory too short to affect market: Deena Mehta
Deena Mehta feels that Indian citizens are very casual when it comes to abiding by the law. People have a very short-term memory and such scandals are quickly forgotten so stocks and the market at large would not be affected. Acceptance of a problem is bigger than the problem itself, she rues.
AWARD & HONOURS
- Awarded for outstanding contribution in the field of Banking and Financial services by Ladies Wing, Indian Merchant Chamber.
- First Woman in Indian Stock Markets to enter the Trading Ring of The Stock Exchange, Mumbai.
- Visiting faculty on stock markets at leading capital markets institutes and universities such as UTI Institute of capital markets, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and several colleges affiliated to various universities across the country.
- Contributed articles in leading newspapers on topics relating to stock markets.
- Conducted over 1000 Investor Education Programs across length and breadth of the country for educating investors about risks and returns associated with investing in stock markets in the last decade
- First Woman to be elected on the Board of Stock Exchange, Mumbai in the 125 years of the exchange’s existence.
- Honoured by Cosmos Bank for outstanding contribution in the field of finance in December, 2005.
- Awarded as Outstanding Young Indian in Business Category by Indian Jaycees in 1998.
- Member of various SEBI Committees related to secondary stock markets since inception of SEBI in 1992 till date.